The Holocaust Educational Trust was established in 1988. Our aim is to educate young people from every background about the Holocaust and the important lessons to be learned for today. The Trust works in schools, universities and in the community to raise awareness and understanding of the Holocaust, providing teacher training, an outreach programme for schools, teaching aids and resource material. One of our earliest achievements was ensuring that the Holocaust formed part of the National Curriculum for History. We continue to play a leading role in training teachers on how best to teach the Holocaust.
How the Trust Makes a Difference:
- Educates thousands of students across the UK
- Trains and supports hundreds of teachers every year
- Motivates future generations to speak out against intolerance
- Inspires individuals to consider their responsibilities to their communities
- Works with Parliament and the media to help spread understanding of the Holocaust